Search Engine Optimization
Promoting a website by earning high organic rankings is one of the primary forms of search engine marketing. All of the major search engines rank sites based on complex mathematical algorithms that weigh the characteristics of not only the website and its pages but also by the quantity, quality, and structure of its inbound and outbound links. How well a website conforms to the ranking algorithm will determine its position in the organic listings. It is important to note that each search engine has its own algorithm and that these formulas change periodically. Consequently, a site's rankings will often move around from period to period and vary from search engine to search engine. Part of our job at Captiva is to follow these changes and help our clients determine if and when adjustments need to be made. We also help you prioritize your efforts in regards to the following factors.On Page Optimization Factors
On page factors deal with aspects related directly to your website, its construction, and content.
- Web Page Optimization — Making a website structurally friendly, "spiderable" and consistent with the search engine ranking algorithms.
- Content Development — Creating actual web pages to address areas where there is a lack of content.
Off Page Factors
Off page factors deal with how your site is linked throughout the World Wide Web.
- Link Popularity Enhancement — Generating incoming links to your website in order to increase its popularity.
- Search Engine Submission — Utilizing pay for inclusion programs and hand submission where necessary to ensure that your site gets crawled by specialty and industry specific search.
- Directory Submission — Listing your site in the major directories like Yahoo, Business.com, and the Open Directory, as well as industry specific or regional directories.
Other Types of SEO
For sites focused heavily on very specific geographic territories or foreign countries, we offer: