Web Analytics Set Up
One of the greatest benefits that search engine marketing has over other forms of advertising is that it is much easier to track how it’s working. With web analytics we can see who is coming to your site, from what domains and with which keywords, etc… More importantly, we can see what activity is actually generating leads, sales and visits to a distributor locator, etc…
While we use different analytics programs depending on the complexity of the client’s site, we typically utilize Google Analytics for most simple lead generation sites and reserve the more sophisticated programs for larger ecommerce sites. We can also work with one’s existing analytics program. Setting up Google Analytics typically includes the following:
- Add Domain – Set up the domain name to track in the Google Analytics online program. Once complete, a small piece of code will be supplied.
- Add Code to Website – We then take this code and apply it to every page that needs to be tracked.
- Set Up Conversion Goals – Once code is installed and working properly, we set up 1-4 conversion goals…typically the Inquiry Forms and Thank You Pages.
- Set Up Users – Grant access to client so they can enjoy 24/7 access to reports.
- Apply Tracking URLs – Add code to any ads, CPC programs, or other online marketing materials than can be tracked.